With 34 companies and 21 sales offices all over the world, Hansgrohe is one of the few global players in the sanitation industry. During the 2016 financial year, the mixer and shower specialist employed around 4.800 people and supplied mixers and showers to more than 140 countries.
In 2017 the Hansgrohe family will celebrate it's 116th birthday. Founder Hans Grohe started out small in 1901, with his metal pressing workshop in the Black Forest. The company headquarters are still located in the adoptive home of "Clever Hans". But today the brand that he created enjoys a worldwide reputation: hansgrohe and AXOR products, with the "Made in Germany" quality, are used all over the world.
- was founded in 1901 by the trained clothier and exceptionally gifted innovator Hans Grohe (1871-1955) in Schiltach in the Black Forest, Germany;
- is a European stock corporation (Societas Europaea SE), which is not listed on the stock exchange;
- has two majority shareholders:
- the Klaus Grohe family, Schiltach (32 %).
- the American Masco Corporation, Taylor/Michigan (68%).
The Hansgrohe Group follows five strategic approaches:
- Innovation and design – development of the position as an innovation and design leader
- Global speed – expansion of the international market presence and development of the emerging markets business model
- Quality and productivity – improving product quality and developing a “Global Production Balance”
- Lean business processes – internationalisation and streamlining of business processes to improve customer services
- Organisation – development of the company organisational structure and international personnel development