Cookies make websites work better
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites or sometimes by e-mails. They provide useful information to companies. For you the user, it means you can use the site more efficiently, for example you don't need to re-enter details each time you visit. Cookies also make sure you receive relevant information from us.
We use two types of cookies on our websites:
- Session cookies, which are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies, which remain in place throughout multiple visits to our sites.
All of these cookies are essential for using our websites successfully.
Session cookies are used by a server to store information about activities on our sites so that users can easily pick up where they left off on those sites. As a rule, websites don't have a "memory". Cookies tell the server what pages to show the user so the user doesn't have to remember or start navigating the site all over again. Cookies act as a sort of “bookmark” within our sites.
Persistent or tracking cookies are used to store user preferences. You can restrict, delete or disable cookies via your browser's settings if you wish, but this will restrict the functions that you're able to carry out on our sites. For more information about how to disable cookies, please go to the About cookies website.
Here’s a list of our cookies plus a brief description:
- ROUTEID, SERVERID: These cookies are set to always direct the user to the same server.
- XSRF TOKEN: Used to prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF). CSRF is an attack on a computer system where the attacker makes a transaction in a web application.
- JSESSIONID: This cookie identifies you as a visitor between different pages and stores specific properties and settings regarding the display of teasers and the like. This cookie will be deleted automatically after leaving the website.
- notepad: In this cookie we remember the items of the watch list.
- productComparison: In this cookie we remember the articles in the product comparison.
- hansgrohe-cookie-seen: This cookie is set when the user has seen the cookie hint.
- inspiration-tool-like: This cookie stores the likes in the inspirational tool section.
Third party cookies:
- Google Analytics: _ga, _dc_gtm_UA-xxxx-y (specific country codes): These cookies are used to collect statistical information about user behavior in order to improve the websites. These cookies collect information in anonymous form, e.g. the number of visitors, from which side the visitor found us and which pages were visited. This information will be stored beyond the end of the visit and provided on the next visit.
- Youtube: Detailed information on the cookies used can be found on the following website or on request directly from the provider.
- Yellowmap: Detailed information on the cookies used can be found on the following website or on request directly from the provider.
- Facebook: Information about user behavior is collected in order to optimize advertisements. For more information, please visit the following links:
Facebook, Lookalike Audiences
Facebook, Terms for Custom Audiences
If a computer is shared by multiple users, accepting or rejecting cookies will affect all users of that computer.